MikroTik Certified Routing Engineer
The training session is organized to prepare you for static routing, PtP addressing, VPN and OSPF protocols and how they work.
Who Should Attend?
This training is targeted toward network administrators, integrators, managers and others who wish to gain a better understanding of the routing features included in ROS. Delegates must have the MTCNA certificate. Please see other MUM training for my MTCNA course should you need to do it.
- More specific routes
- Gateway reachability check and route distance
- Routing mark and route policy
- Recursive next-hop and scope/target-scope usage
Point to Point Addressing
- Point to Point address configuration
- Different types of VPN
- Site to site connectivity with tunnels: IPIP, EoIP, PPTP, SSTP, L2TP, PPPoE
- VLAN and it’s usage
- QinQ implementation
- VLAN and managed switch
- VLAN and switch chip configuration on RouterBOARDs
- What is OSPF?
- How OSPF protocol works
- OSPF network structure
- OSPF neighbors and neighbor states (DR and BDR election)
- External Route Distribution methods (type1, type2)
- Interface cost and interface types (broadcast, NBMA, etc.)
- SPT calculation algorithm
- OSPF and multicast (problems with NBMA)
- Stub, NSSA and area ranges (route aggregation)
- Virtual links, usage and limitations
- OSPF routing filters and limitations